Friday, December 02, 2005

Who's watching who?

Bill W. had told me he has a hide at Prosser's Dam, so returning from a recent trip (2/12) I decided to have a look at it out of curiosity. As I neared the dam, screened from my view by young trees, I noticed the unmistakable outline of a Sea Eagle, sitting in the top of a dead tree, usually frequented by cormorants. Driving a little further and the hide came into view--situated at the base of the self same dead tree! I assume Bill wasn't in it, and even if he had been I doubt whether he would have been aware of the eagle.
While in the area I took the White Kangaroo Rd, to see if I could find any sign of the Masked Woodswallows reported there by Cynthia and Andrew Meyles on the 19th of last month. I did see a 'dusky', but no sign of the masked. Well worth keeping an eye out for these, I doubt whether they've left the area.

No comments: